Former Gorsuch clerks who went on to work for Supreme Court Justices — two of them serving this Term
If Judge Neil Gorsuch is confirmed, he will soon be working with some familiar faces — two of his former law clerks are currently clerking on the Court (for Justices Anthony Kennedy and Elena Kagan).
All in all, five sitting Justices have hired Gorsuch Clerks.
Justice Antonin Scalia hired more Gorsuch clerks (4) than any of his colleagues.
Here is the lineup of the 13 Gorsuch clerks who went on to clerk on the Supreme Court:
- Antonin Scalia  — Michael E. Kenneally (2016- then to Samuel Alito), Michael Kenneally (2015-16 Term), Eric C. Tung (2012-13 Term), Matthew S. Owen (2010-11 Term)
- Samuel Alito  — Michael E. Kenneally (1st with Scalia), Lucas Walker (2015-16 Term), Michael H. McGinley (2014-15 Term)
- Elena Kagan  — Gerard J. Cedrone (2016-17 Term), Jason C. Murray (2013-14 Term),
- Clarence Thomas  — Katherine C. Yarger (2013-14 Term), Allison B. Jones (2010-11 Term)
- Sonia Sotomayor  — Jane E. Kucera (2011-12)
- Anthony Kennedy  — Alex J. Harris (2016-17 Term)