FAN 49.2 (First Amendment News) Court denies cert in ballot initiative disclosure case
Earlier today the Court released its orders from the February 27th Conference. There were no cert. grants, but the Justices did deny cert. in one case — ProtectMarriage.com-Yes on 8 v. Bowen. [HT: Rick Hasen]
Some opinions may be released next week.
THE COURT’S 2014-15 FREE EXPRESSION DOCKET
- Elonis v. United States (argued on 12-1-14)
- Williams-Yulee v. The Florida Bar (argued 1-20-15)
- Reed v. Town of Gilbert (argued on 1-12-15)
- Walker v. Texas Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans (license plate case) (to be argued 3-23-15)
- Berger v. American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina (license plate case)
- Thayer v. City of Worcester
- The Bronx Household of Faith v. Board of Education of the City of New York (see Becket Fund amicus brief of Michael McConnell)
- Dariano v. Morgan Hill Unified School District (re Mary Beth Tinker amicus brief)
- Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, et al.
- Apel v. United States (Erwin Chemerinsky, counsel of record)
- ProtectMarriage.com-Yes on 8 v. Bowen
- Kagan v. City of New Orleans
- Clayton v. Niska
- Pregnancy Care Center of New York v. City of New York
- City of Indianapolis, Indiana v. Annex Books, Inc.
- Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. v. United States
- Mehanna v. United States
- Stop This Insanity Inc Employee Leadership Fund et al v. Federal Election Commission
- Vermont Right to Life Committee, et al v. Sorrell