FAN 48.1 (First Amendment News) Court Denies Cert in Two First Amendment Cases
→ The Court’s latest order list was just made public. In it the Court denied cert. in Kagan v. City of New Orleans (re tour-guide licensing requirements) and in Clayton v. Niska (re a state statute banning false political speech).
→ The Court is expected to hand down opinions tomorrow and Wednesday in one or more argued cases.
THE COURT’S 2014-15 FREE EXPRESSION DOCKET
- Elonis v. United States (argued on 12-1-14)
- Williams-Yulee v. The Florida Bar (argued 1-20-15)
- Reed v. Town of Gilbert (argued on 1-12-15)
- Walker v. Texas Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans (license plate case) (to be argued 3-23-15)
- Berger v. American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina (license plate case)
- Thayer v. City of Worcester
- The Bronx Household of Faith v. Board of Education of the City of New York (see Becket Fund amicus brief of Michael McConnell)
- Dariano v. Morgan Hill Unified School District (re Mary Beth Tinker amicus brief)
- Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, et al.
- ProtectMarriage.com-Yes on 8 v. Bowen
- Apel v. United States (Erwin Chemerinsky, counsel of record)
- Kagan v. City of New Orleans
- Clayton v. Niska
- Pregnancy Care Center of New York v. City of New York
- City of Indianapolis, Indiana v. Annex Books, Inc.
- Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. v. United States
- Mehanna v. United States
- Stop This Insanity Inc Employee Leadership Fund et al v. Federal Election Commission
- Vermont Right to Life Committee, et al v. Sorrell