Free Berkshire Book Trivia Quiz
Expert on Berkshire Hathaway? Try this trivia quiz based on Berkshire Beyond Buffett: The Enduring Value of Values. Submit answers to email@example.com.
The first 10 people to get all 20 right by December 20 at 5 pm ET win a free signed copy of the book (free shipping within US). (Hint: all answers are easily found in that book!)
1. Who founded The Pampered Chef and what job did that founder holder before doing so?
2. Who founded FlightSafety and what was that founder’s favorite charity?
3. What medical scare did John Justin Jr. face in 1968?
4. At what age did Rose Blumkin pass away?
5. What was Lubrizol’s most pivotal acquisition under CEO James Hambrick?
6. What was the original name at its creation of the company today called Berkshire Hathaway Energy?
7. Who christened the company now called MiTek and what was it called before that?
8. What company most assisted McLane as it expanded in the 1960s and 1970s?
9. What CEO and company minted the “I Am Loved” campaign?
10. Identify the origins of the name Marmon, stating year, deal and source of name.
11. What company provided the inspiration for the founding of GEICO?
12. Name the Berkshire executive listed as the largest donor by the Chronicle of Philanthropy from 2000 to 2009.
13. Berkshire is to Fruit of the Loom as Philadelphia & Reading is to what company?
14. Name the bidder that Berkshire outbid to acquire Clayton Homes.
15. Name three Berkshire CEOs who have won the Horatio Alger Award.
16. Name four minority positions Berkshire has swapped for entire businesses.
17. Name four Berkshire subsidiaries that have been through bankruptcy.
18. Name the individual who introduced the deal for Berkshire to acquire Star Furniture.
19. Name all Buffett family members who have served on Berkshire’s board.
20. Who wrote the foreword to Berkshire Beyond Buffett and what is that person’s role at Berkshire today?