Disruption, Temporality, Law:
The Future of Law and Society Scholarship
2016 Conference of the Law & Society Association of Australia and New Zealand
30th November – 3rd December 2016
Call for Papers closes: 30th June 2016
The Call for Papers for the 2016 Law & Society Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference, hosted by the Law Futures Centre and Griffith Law School in conjunction with the Southern Cross University School of Law and Justice closes on the 30th June 2016. Details of the call for papers are attached.
We are also pleased to announce the following confirmed keynote speakers:
- Professor William MacNeil, The Hon John Dowd Chair in Law, Dean and Head, School of Law and Social Justice, Southern Cross University
- Professor Irene Watson, Research Professor of Law, School of Law, University of South Australia
- More keynote announcements to come!
The conference will open on the evening of Wednesday 30th November with a public debate on “The Future of Legal Education”. Confirmed debate participants include:
- Professor Margaret Thornton, ANU College of Law, Australian National University
- Bill Potts, President, Queensland Law Society & Founding Director, Potts Lawyers
- John Briton, Former Legal Services Commissioner, Queensland
- Professor Reid Mortensen, Head of School, School of Law and Justice, University of Southern Queensland
- Magistrate Jacqui Payne, Queensland Courts
- Professor Charles Sampford, Director of the Institute for Ethics, Governance and Law, Griffith University
Submission of Proposals:
Please submit proposals for papers, panels or streams to LSAANZ2016@griffith.edu.au. Proposals should consist of a short abstract (max. 250 words), 3 keywords and a short biography (100 words). Panel proposals should include a title/theme for the panel, and abstracts, keywords and biographies for each presenter.
We looking forward to welcoming you to Brisbane.
The 2016 Conference Organising Committee.
Professor John Flood, Dr Timothy Peters, Dr Edwin Bikundo, Mr Shahram Dana, Dr Roshan de Silva Wijeyeratne, Associate Professor Susan Harris-Rimmer, Ms Heron Loban, Dr Jennifer Nielsen, Professor Charles Sampford and Ms Kandice Cherrie.
For Conference enquiries email: LSAANZ2016@griffith.edu.au