The following letter is making rounds in philanthropic circles. Some hyperbole is evident. But, hey, times are tough.
Dear Fellow Constituent:
The George W. Bush Presidential Library is now in the planning stages and accepting donations. The Library will include:
1. The Hurricane Katrina Room, still under construction.
2. The Alberto Gonzales Room, where you forget everything.
3. The Texas Air National Guard Room, where you don’t even have to show up.
4. The Walter Reed Hospital Room, where they don’t let you in.
5. The Guantanamo Bay Room, where they don’t let you out.
6. The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room, though no one has been able to find it.
7. The National Debt Room, which is huge and has no ceiling.
8. The Tax Cut Room (only the super rich, if any are left, can enter this one).
9. The Economy Room, which is in the toilet.
10. The Iraq War Room. (After you complete your first visit, the stern librarians make you go back for a second, third, fourth, and sometimes fifth visit.)
11. The Dick Cheney Room, in an undisclosed location, but complete with shooting gallery.
12. The Environmental Conservation Room, still empty, though full of promise.
13. The Supreme Gift Shop, where elections may be on sale.
14. The Airport Men’s Room, where some Senators have been observed hanging about.
15. The Decider Room, complete with dart board, magic 8-ball, Ouija board, dice, coins and straws.
The library will include many famous Quotes by George W. Bush, including the following: